Thursday, February 24, 2011

Why All Men Should Have a Tailored Suit

Tommy Ton (GQ.com)
So by now I am sure that everyone can sense my infatuation for a beautiful tailored suit. Though many are very expensive, there are still ways that you can get that tailored look. Getting your suit to fit does not mean that you have to go to the most expensive menswear shop in your local city. Though their merchandise is excellent, a man in an expensive suit can also wear it all wrong. There are people that I have come across who look really sharp and purchased a blazer they are wearing from a thrift shop or Goodwill. Besides the suit fitting very well, you have to have some sort of individual style to give it that custom look. I can go on for days about how a suit can make you feel, but until you try the tailored look for yourself you will never have a clue.
Personally, whenever I wear suit, it gives me a certain confidence in my appearance. At this point in time I do not dress up every day but I am getting the feeling that I may have to in the near future. There would be no problem if I had to everyday, I like the look. I also noticed that young women out-dress men when it comes to public events. Let us use a night club for example. If you were to go to a club in your major city or town you will find that the women are always in dresses and high heels of some sort. This is definitely not the case for men. I want to be the exception to that notion. If women can throw on their best for a night at the club so should we. It only makes sense being that what you put on is the best way to interpret who you are as an individual. I can almost guarantee that if you stroll up to a club in a nice tailored suit, you will be treated differently as you would if you were in regular casual clothes. I plan to try this out one day. Not that I am a flashy person, but I like to stand out. If I show up in a suit I will get treated with respect. Overall that’s the whole idea. It is all about the image. I want to be perceived as the gentleman I am. So it is only right that I dress and look the part.

No comments:

Post a Comment